Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

685 10022011Eve

Pastor Richard "Buddy" Wimberly "The Lord Magnified Joshua" Joshua 4:14


Joshua 4:14 On that day the LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all
Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life.

The children of Israel had followed Moses for 40 years and reverenced
(feared) him as God’s chosen leader for them. All the years of their
journeying under the leadership of Moses, they experienced many
wonderful miracles: (the Red Sea parted, the bitters waters made sweet,
the pillar of cloud and the pillar of fire, manna every day, water out of
a Rock, quail for meat, miraculous deliverances and provisions) but
they were all meant for them in the wilderness journey. Now Israel was
crossing the Jordan to receive the promise of the land that flows with
milk and honey. There is a new era for the people of God. There is a new
leader for the people of God. The people of God are always to follow
God, however God always has a chosen man who would will lead His
people into the fulfillment of the promise.
Sometimes it takes a while for the people to receive the authority of a
new leader and sometimes it takes a new leader a while to accept the
reality of the authority placed upon him.
We are all passed over and now I stand before you having today accepted
the authority placed upon me and I also sense you the people of God
receiving Bro Buddy as your leader. I am the Pastor of Lannie Road
Baptist Church moreover I am your Pastor. I affirm to seek to lead you in
all the ways of the Lord for all my days. I beseech you to honor me and
this body as we walk with the Lord in this new era. We are called to go in
and possess the land.

Jos 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the
LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,
Jos 1:2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all
this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
Jos 1:3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you,
as I said unto Moses.
Jos 1:4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river
Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down
of the sun, shall be your coast.
Jos 1:5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I
was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
Jos 1:6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an
inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
Jos 1:7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do
according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it
to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
Jos 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate
therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written
therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good
success.
Jos 1:9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid,
neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou
goest.

No comments:

Post a Comment