Search This Blog

Thursday, February 23, 2012

736 02192012Eve

Pastor Richard "Buddy" Wimberly "My Resignation" Galatians 2:20

The work is hard and long and the load is heavy. I know that many of you have experienced this and know what I’m talking about when I say, “I just feel like quitting.” So today I want to submit to you my letter of resignation.
The on-line Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines: Resignation
Surrender; Submissiveness; the quality or act of being resigned. To give oneself over without resistance; to give up deliberately; to renounce a right or position by formal act; to give up one’s office or position; to accept something as inevitable
Christ was resigned to teach the Father’s doctrine:
    Joh 14:10  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.
Christ was resigned to trust the Father’s will:
    Luk 22:42  Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
Paul was resigned to live for Christ:
    Php 1:20  According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
    Php 1:21  For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Paul was resigned to die for Christ:
    2Ti 4:6  For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
    2Ti 4:7  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept
the faith:
    2Ti 4:8  Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

I am resigned to deliberately submit myself to preach and teach His doctrine only, regardless of what the consequences may be.
I am resigned to surrender my will without resistance and to trust God’s will in spite of the circumstances.
I am resigned to renounce my right to live my life as if it is mine to live.
I am resigned to accept that it is inevitable that by His grace I will leave this temporary world behind and go to be with my Savior.
I am resigned to hear Him say, “Well done.”

    Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
“Why don’t you tender your resignation, today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment